"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:10-12

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Amazing Food!!!!!

So just recently I have become addicted to pinterest. It is so easy to become addicted to a site that puts hundreds of delicious looking recipes, or craft ideas right in front of you and says....make me!!!!!!!!!
So if my husband and I look like we've gained 20+ pounds or more.....it's probably because of pinterest.
Anyways.....I have made some of the recipes I found and I thought I should share them. I however won't be posting the whole recipe...just adding the link and adding some of my "user friendly" comments.
CROCKPOT BANANA BREAD
smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com
This was good...might be awhile before I make it again...not exactly practical. It takes almost twice as long to make as just making the banana bread in the oven. But anyways, It didn't take 2 hours in my crockpot...probably could've gotten away with just over an hour.....so tip...when the edges start to get brown and they pull away from the edge of the crockpot, it's probably done....then second tip: listen to the instructions and don't remove the bread until it's completely cooled...otherwise it will fall apart!!!!!
CHUBBY HUBBY BARS
cookiesandcups.com
Oh my goodness.....these are so incredibly rich and amazing. Yes, they do require some time...but the final product, oh so worth it.
Couple of suggestions....if you can find some way to get plain caramel so you don't have to melt it...it might save you some time...especially in cleanup. HINT: caramel turns into glue if you let it sit too long before trying to wash the dish you melted the caramels in. Secondly....actually crush the pretzels. If you don't crush them a lot, they will cause the bars to really crumble when you try to eat them.
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST BAKE
whatscookinglove.blogspot.com
No comments on this one except for the fact that these were amazing!!!!!!! I think four of us almost totally consumed an entire 13x9 pan of this. Yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment